Sunday, February 20, 2011

Y is for Yellow and Green


Y is for sure the sixth vowel! It was a little tough. I came up with a couple of words, but couldn't find an appropriate date to plan for those words: yell, yehaw, yellowhammer, yard...that's about it. Ed's been mentioning over the past few weeks/months that we need to go to some UAB athletic events, and well, they're only really good at basketball. Since UAB's colors are green and gold (errrr, yellow), I figured we could take this as an opportunity to go to a game! There just so happened to be a men's basketball game during my Y week. I even packed some UAB tshirts, and Ed's yellow hair so we could be for real fans! It was really a great time. Ed got in free since he's a student, and I got a student ticket for onlly $12. We had great seats and UAB won, so that made it even better!! We're definitely going to go back for another game!! After the game, we went to a new dessert bar nearby called YOLO (you only live once). I bought a $20 groupon for YOLO a couple weeks ago for only $5. We tried their version of a banana split, 3 different kinds of cupcakes and their organic coffee. It was awesome!! Next time I feel like I need a $3 cupcake, I'll be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment